Chandigarh: Pitaara TV, the world’s first Punjabi movies channel, today launched its OTT platform Chaupal, providing unparalleled access to quality content for entertainment in three regional languages: Punjabi, Haryanvi, and Bhojpuri.
The word Chaupal signifies a community space where people gather for a specific purpose. Pitaara TV’s OTT is also one such platform where people speaking different languages and residing in different areas/countries will come together to experience endless entertainment in the most affordable way possible.
‘Chaupal: Entertainment Beyond Boundaries’ is an endeavor to make online entertainment truly seamless for audiences anywhere, anytime.
Chaupal is a new streaming entertainment service that offers the latest and popular original and exclusive movies, web series, podcasts, music, documentaries and entertainment-based content from India and the world. To drive meaningful engagement with the audience, Chaupal is investing in generating world-class Punjabi, Haryanvi, and Bhojpuri content. Now, viewers will be able to stream movies and originals in widest range of categories and genres and enrich their experience with the most relevant content. On its launch day, Chaupal has released as many as 12 originals (films and web series), 50 exclusives along with providing more than 300 movie offerings. The OTT with the largest Punjabi and Bhojpuri film catalogue in the market will release two new web series and two new movies every month ensuring pure entertainment for all subscribers no matter when they sign in.
Chaupal brings a new range of exciting films, produced with creativity and passion, combining the unique flavors of different communities and regions of North India and featuring our biggest stars.
- PANCHHI (FILM): (Thriller) Starring Prince Kanwaljit, Aarushi Sharma, Ahem Music
- VARDAAT (Web series): (Suspense, murder mystery, thriller) starring Ashish Duggal, Ram Aujla, Paramveer Singh, Drishti Grewal
- RANGE (Web series): (Thriller, Action, Crime) Starring Navi Bhangu, Aman Sutdher, Anita Meet, Tarsem Paul, Sherry Aggarwal
- KALA SHEHAR (Film): (Crime, Action, Thriller) Starring Dheeraj Kumar, Mahavir Bhullar, Sanju Solanki, Karanveer Khullar
- TERI MERI NAHI NIBHNI (Film): (Romantic Comedy) Starring Nav Bajwa, Karamjit Anmol, Naman Hanjra, Hobby Dhaliwal, Suntia Dhir
- KHICH JATTA KHICH (Episodic): (Comedy) Starring Soni Dhaliwal, Dilawar Sidhu, Yasmeen
- MAIN VS TU (Film): (Family Drama) Starring Mahavir Bhullar, Sonpreet Jawandha, Arsh Hundal
- PLEASE KILL ME (Film): (Suspense, Thriller) Starring Jagjeet Sandhu, Megha Sharma, Vikram Chauhan, Karanvir Khullar
- MALAAL (Haryanvi film): (Crime) Starring Yashpal Sharma, Tina Bhatia, Manoj Bhakshi, Sidharth Bhardwaj, Ravi Chauhan, Abhimanyu Yadav, Yogesh Bhardwaj, Hariom Kaushik
- LONDON IN HARYANA (Haryanvi web series): (Family Drama, Comedy)StarringVicky Kajla,Jagbir Rathi, Rajkumar Maan, Pargati
- LAKHMICHAND HARYANVI (Haryanvi film): (Romantic Comedy, Drama) StarringPradeep Kumar fame Prince Kumar, Najmin Khan, Yogesh Bhardwaj
- CHAPPER PHADKE (Haryanvi film): (Comedy, Drama) StarringRamkesh Jiwanpurwala, Anjvi Singh Hooda, Abhimanyu Yadav, Suren Savitri Sarkar, Akash Chawariya, Yogesh Bhardwaj, Hariom Kaushik
- Coming soon on Chaupal: Murabba, Chandigarh Waale, Tunka Tunka, Zila Sngroor, Dustbin, Shikari, Shahi Majra, Umran Ch Ki Rakheya, Seep, Miss Tanya, Shagan.
Chaupal is the first OTT platform to launch across all markets globally, such as the US, Canada, the UK, the UAE, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Mauritius, and the European Union.
Chaupal is the first OTT platform to have been globally published on all devices on the very first day of its launch.
Key features include:
- A video experience like no other
- Friendly user interface
- AI-assisted search
- Accessible on all devices
- Can be easily downloaded from all the mobile and TV app stores
To access Chaupal on mobiles, TVs, laptops or tablets, users may visit www.chaupal.tv.
Xiaomi and Paul Merchants have joined Chaupal as its key partners.
Eshwar Nilakantan, Category Lead, Smart TV, MI India, says: “With Mi TV’s, our vision is to provide a unique interface for each user, and this comes to life with our dedicated focus on building PatchWall for TVs in India. Mi TVs have become India’s favourite smart TVs in no time and keeping our users in mind, we have made it our resolution to enhance the entertainment experience by providing varied content. We are proud to announce our partnership with OTT platform Chaupal which widens our rich content library for all our Punjabi, Haryanvi, and Bhojpuri users. This is the first time a global TV brand has taken the initiative to understand the power of Indian vernacular entertainment and partner with a platform to provide exclusive early access to Mi TV users. OTT platform Chaupal’s content will be deeply integrated with PatchWall enabling easy access to entertaining content and offer best in class experience to our users. With our content first approach, we will continue to work hard to build one of the most robust content libraries in India and provide a great content viewing experience to all our users.”
Pitaara TV director Sandeep Bansal said: “This is a proud moment for all of us who have worked so hard for the last three years to bring Chaupal to life. Chaupal, as the name suggests, is a gathering of like-minded people who come together for a good time, so we wanted to create a platform which reminded people of their roots, where content could be watched in all the regional languages with family, or with a group of friends. We are excited to be partnering with a global brand as Xiaomi with a strong connection to its customers across the world. Collaborating with Xiaomi, Chaupal’s content will be deeply integrated with PatchWall enabling easy entertaining content and offers best in class experience to the users. This will be an early access program with PatchWall which will be available from August 29.”
Bansal further said: “We are not in the business of entertainment, but we are The Entertainment. Chaupal will keep surprising its consumers with incredible storytelling and talent turning imagination into reality.”