Lionsgate Play has lined up an array of stellar content collections for Diwali. This Diwali spend your holidays watching some Oscar winner, Hollywood A lister starring shows and movies along with cult classics from Bollywood from the comfort of your homes with your loved ones. No matter how many family members are there, Lionsgate Play has got everyone’s preference covered. From action movies to romcoms, from drama to thrillers, from Documentaries to heartwarming comedy, there is something for everyone!
Below is the list of titles:
- Bombshell: Starring Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman, Margot Robbie and directed by Jay Roach, the real life inspired biographical drama is based upon the accounts of the women at Fox News who set out to expose CEO of Fox News Roger Ailes for sexual harassment. Bombshell received multiple Oscar nominations and won Oscar for Best makeup and hairstylingfor transforming Charlize Theron into journalist and former Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly, who was instrumental in starting the #MeToo movement.
- Knives Out: Acclaimed writer and director Rian Johnson pays tribute to mystery mastermind Agatha Christie in Knives Out, a fresh, modern-day murder mystery where everyone is a suspect. Knives Out is an American whodunnit mystery film with 7.9 IMDB rating. Described as a modern take on the murder mystery genre, the film follows a family gathering gone horribly awry, after the family patriarch’s death leads a master detective to investigate. The film stars an ensemble cast, including Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas, Jamie Lee Curtis, Michael Shannon, Don Johnson, Toni Collette, Lakeith Stanfield, Katherine Langford, Jaeden Martell, and Christopher Plummer.
- Vigil: This thriller police procedural series revolves around a mysterious disappearance of a Scottish fishing trawler and a death on-board the submarine HMS Vigil brings the police into conflict with the Navy and British security services. DCI Amy Silva (Suranne Jones) and DS Kirsten Longacre (Rose Leslie) lead an investigation on land and at sea into a conspiracy that goes to the very heart of Britain’s national security. The series received a 7.6 IMDb rating.
- We Work Or the making and Breaking of a $47 Billion Unicorn: WeWork is an American documentary film written and directed by Jed Rothstein. It explores the rise and fall of one of the biggest corporate flameouts and venture capitalist bubbles in recent years. The story follows a million-dollar real estate company run by Adam Neuman who was forced out of the company after a failed IPO. Streaming on 27 August 2021. This is a must watch documentary for millennials and gen z!
- Love Life S 1 & S 2: Love Life is a romantic anthology series. The successful season 1 followed Darby Carter played by Anna Kendrick on a journey from her first love to the one that stayed. The series received commercial and critical success which lead to season two starring William Jackson as Marcus Watkins, who enters his 30s freshly divorced, he’s as lost as ever. Forced to rediscover his identity as a single Black man in New York, Marcus must learn to find love again. Watch this show if you are looking for a heartwarming series!
- John Wick 1, 2 and 3: This popular American neo-noir action thriller starring Keanu Reeves who plays John Wick, a retired hitman who becomes active again in his quest for vengeance. The franchise began with the release of John Wick followed by two sequels, John Wick: Chapter 2 and John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum. All three films were considered critical and commercial successes, with a collective gross of more than $587 million worldwide.
- La La Land: La La Land is a 2016 American musical romantic comedy-drama film written and directed by Damien Chazelle. It stars Ryan Gosling as a jazz pianist and Emma Stone as an aspiring actress, who meet and fall in love while pursuing their dreams in Los Angeles. The film won 6 Oscars and was critically and commercially loved across the globe with 8.0 IMDB rating.
- Now You See Me 1&2: Now You See Me series is an American heist thriller movie series. The second installment stars an ensemble cast that includes Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Dave Franco, Daniel Radcliffe, Lizzy Caplan, Jay Chou, Sanaa Lathan, Michael Caine, and Morgan Freeman. The plot has the Four Horsemen and their leader Dylan Rhodes recruited by Walter Mabry, a criminal mastermind, to steal a data chip.
- Nayak: Nayak – The Real Hero is a cult classic political action film. It stars Anil Kapoor as the lead along with Rani Mukerji, Amrish Puri, Paresh Rawal, and Johnny Lever playing key supporting roles. It film focuses on Shivaji Rao Gaekwad (Kapoor) a television cameraman and, later, television presenter, who accidentally hears and records the conversation between the police with the Chief Minister of Maharashtra Balraj Chauhan (Puri) to take an indifferent stand during riots triggered by a fight between college students and a bus driver. While interviewing Chauhan about the issues, Shivaji is challenged to take over his job for a day.
- Sarkar: Ram Gopal Verma directed Sarkar starring Big B of Bollywood Mr. Amitabh Bachhan is a political-thriller intense action drama. The film centers around Subhash Nagare aka Sarkar, an influential man, is falsely charged with the murder of an upright politician. When he is imprisoned, his son Shankar steps into his shoes as a leader to protect his father and their legacy. The film was a super hit with a 7.6 IMDB rating.
- Yuddham Sharanam: This action thriller starring south Indian heartthrob Naga Chaitanya revolves around a young man who finds his parents’ corpses in a river under mysterious circumstances, Arjun sets out to investigate their deaths. On finding certain disturbing truths, he vows revenge on their killers.
- Action Replayy: Starring Aishwarya Rai and Akshay Kumar is a science fiction rom-com. Akshay and Aishwarya’s son played by Aditya Roy Kapoor, tries to revive his parents’ lifeless marriage by travelling back in time to the ’70s when their romance was budding. But to his surprise, it turns out to be more complex than he had expected. Watch this film to go on a roller coaster of emotions?
- Double Dhamaal – This multi starrer featuring Sanjay Dutt, Ritesh Deshmukh, Arshad Warsi, Aashish Chaudhary, Kangana Ranaut and Mallika Sherawat is a laugh riot. This film is the second installment of Dhamaal series. Four idlers make elaborate plans to earn money by investing in buildings but are conned by Kabir, who leaves them unemployed and penniless. Soon, they are on the prowl to avenge their humiliation.