Mumbai: From small stores going online, to finding medication in app – many found a reason to switch over almost completely to an online market universe in the last year. But as part of this digital progression, there has been a spike in white-collar thefts and cybercrime, with hacking rackets affecting many of us directly or indirectly.
We tend to stereotype the masterminds behind such activities as evil-minded geeks whose only real friends are their computers. And not surprisingly, our fascination with hacker personas, and the world of geniuses who hack for money and live glamorous lives is now the makings of intriguing content across OTT, TV and films – forming or enriching the plot lines of these narratives.
Here are five some great creations that do more than scratch the surface of the hacker mystique while serving up some good entertainment.
1. Chakravyuh – An Inspector Virkar Crime Thriller – Headlined by Prateik Babbar who plays the role of Inspector Virkar, Crime Branch – he is in a race against time to solve a ghastly murder mystery. As part of his investigation, Inspector Virkar stumbles across a group of tech savvy miscreants who use the internet to blackmail & conduct other illegal activity. Based on Piyush Jha’s book ‘Anti-Social Network’, this well-made series follows Virkar’s fight against the wrong and his quest to find who this blackmailer. You can catch this series for free only on MX Player.
2. Hello Mini 2 – Hello Mini 2 is a sequel based on Novoneel Chakraborty’s Stranger Trilogy. While the first season saw Mini battle the threat of being stalked by The Stranger, season 2 sees Mini getting sucked into yet another vortex by the Stranger and she also becomes a prime suspect in murder investigation because she participates in an illegal game called Dare Defy on the dark web. Will Mini be able to beat the Stranger and stay alive? Headlined by Anuja Joshi, Mrinal Dutt, Gaurav Chopra, amongst others, this series is directed by Arjun Srivasstava and streams for Free only on MX Player
Watch the promo here:http://bit.ly/DareDefyPromo_HelloMini2
3. Jamtara – Sabka Number Ayega – Directed by Soumendra Padhi, this is an Indian crime drama that highlights phishing operations in the Jamtara district of Jharkhand. Starring Amit Sial, Dibyendu Bhattacharya and Aksha Pardasany amongst others, it’s a tale of small-town young guns who operate a successful phishing racket until a corrupt politician wants a share of their business.
4. Hacked –Directed by Vikram Bhatt and starring Hina Khan – Rohan Shah, the story revolves around a boy’s love for an older woman and what goes into their life just because of his obsession. From hacking into all her accounts to making her life a living hell, this series is a classic example of being wary of what all can go wrong on social media.
5. Troll Police –Available on Voot, this show addresses sensitive issues such as cyber-bullying and trolling. Hosted by Rannvijay Singha, viewers can see various popular personalities talk about trolls who spread negativity on social media and in people’s lives.