Mumbai: There’s nothing worse than being stuck in a situation of ek tarfa pyaar and love stories that never quite make it to their happy ending. Unrequited love has it all — longing, self-doubt, guilt, desperation and heartache about why your feelings aren’t being reciprocated. What’s more is that it’s a feeling that many of us have experienced at some point in our lives, and we can empathise with those who are going through it.
Well, we have a list of web series that best describe the feeling of one-sided love and binging on these might actually help you relate with your issues!
- Indori Ishq – Unlike most stories of young love, Indori Ishq takes a hatke twist when Kunal, a small-town boy, finds out that he is being cheated on by his girlfriend, putting a pause on his dream of a happy ending with her. It’s a gripping tale of unrequited love, where the protagonist experiences a world of misery as he spirals into depression and sleepless nights. You can watch the show on MX Player
- Broken But Beautiful 3 – Broken But Beautiful 3 follows the story of Agastya Rao (Sidharth Shukla) and Rumi Desai (Sonia Rathee) — two people from very different worlds whose journeys come full circle when they both realize that it is too hard to fall out of love than to fall in it. The series also sees Vikrant Massey and Harleen Sethi return to the franchise for a special cameo. Binge watch all 10 episodes, for FREE – only on MX Player!
- Mismatched – This coming of age romantic drama sees two teenagers strike up a tentative friendship at their summer programme, after being set-up by their families. The series is about Rishi, a die-hard romantic who believes in traditional ways of dating and falls for Dimple, a gamer, and eventually wants to marry her but she doesn’t seem to be convinced. Watch the series on Netflix.
- Love J Action – The show follows how Jackson gets the girl of his dreams against all odds, but when she betrays him, his obsession takes on a form so Machiavellian, even he cannot predict how far he’ll go. It poses an interesting question for all of us – does love choose to be blind? Watch the series on SonyLIV.
- Fittrat – The story revolves around childhood friends, Tarini and Amrita. While Amrita is a rich girl, Tarini is an ambitious gold-digger and the 15 episodic series explores what happens to their friendship when Amrita’s fiancé falls for Tarini. You can stream the show on Zee5.